Sunday, September 18, 2016

Math: Skip Counting

This week in Math, we are focusing on skip counting. We will learn to skip count by 2's, 5's, and 10's up to 120. We will also be able to skip count starting from any given number.

Videos for Kids:

Counting by 2's

Count by 2's and Dance



Counting by 5's 




School House Rock Counting by 5's

Counting by 10's


Counting  by 10's Song




Essential Questions:
  • How can I skip count by 2's? Start at 0 and count on two more . . .
  • How can I skip count by 5's? Start at 0 and count on 5 more. . . 
  • How can I skip count by 10's? Start at 0 and count on 10 more
  • How can I skip count if I start from any given number?
  • Can I skip count by 2's from any given number?
  • Can I skip count by 5's from any given number?
  • Can I skip count by 10's from any given number?

Use a 120 chart with your child, and have them place candy or small toys on the numbers as they count by 2's, 5's, or 10's. More ideas are below. 

You can download this 120 chart and idea sheet for free here: 




No comments:

Post a Comment